Friday, March 30, 2012

Warhol

Andy Warhol
1928 - 1987
C L I C K     T O     E N L A R G E

Picture:  968 x 967 at 300 dpi  -  Andy Warhol Prints

In the future everyone will be world famous for 15 minutes.


Picture:  801 x 1200 at 300 dpi  -  Reddit

You have to be willing to be happy about nothing.


Picture:  900 x 1133  -  Joseph K. Levene

I used to think that everything was just being funny but now I don't know.  I mean, how can you tell?


Picture:  1152 x 1600  -  Reddit

What's great about this country is America started the tradition where the richest consumers buy essentially the same things as the poorest.  You can be watching TV and see Coca-Cola, and you know that the President drinks Coke, Liz Taylor drinks Coke, and just think, you can drink Coke, too.  A Coke is a Coke and no amount of money can get you a better Coke than the one the bum on the corner is drinking.


Picture:  500 x 359  -  Artsology

Dying is the most embarrassing thing that can ever happen to you, because someone's got to take care of all your details.


Picture:  1597 x 1600  -  Reddit

Remember, they've never seen you before in their life.


Picture:  2116 x 1500 at 300 dpi  -  Global Foliage Project

It's the movies that have been running things in America ever since they were invented.  They show you what to do, how to do it, when to do it, how to feel about it, and how to look how you feel about it.


Picture:  852 x 598 at 96 dpi  -  Painting Here

I never understood why when you died, you didn't just vanish, everything could just keep on the way it was only you just wouldn't be there.  I always thought I'd like my own tombstone to be blank.  No epitaph, and no name.  Well, actually, I'd like it to say 'figment.'


Picture:  795 x 1174  -  Annenberg
Portrait by Alice Neel

Before I was shot, I always thought that I was more half-there than all-there.  I always suspected that I was watching TV instead of living life.  Right when I was being shot and ever since, I knew that I was watching television.


Picture:  540 x 650 at 300 dpi  -  Natl. Galleries, Scotland

I'm the type who'd be happy not going anywhere as long as I was sure I knew exactly what was happening at the places I wasn't going to.  I'm the type who'd like to sit home and watch every party that I'm invited to on a monitor in my bedroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment